|Posted by thegts on November 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM|
Relationships are truly the spice of life. When we get to the end of our life who wants to be the richest man in the cemetery? Not me, but I do want to be rich in loving relationships. I have no idea who the author is but I read the following commandments for getting along with people.
1. Speak to people. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people. It takes seventy-two muscles to frown and only fourteen to smile.
3. Call people by name. The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of his or her name.
4. Be friendly and helpful. If you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure [make sure that it is].
6. Be genuinely interested in people. You can find something interesting about every person.
7. Be generous with praise ... and cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate of the feelings of others. It will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinion of others. There are three sides to a conversation/argument: yours, the other person's, and the right one!
10. Be alert to give service. What you do for others is important.